Recently, I have been experimenting with a recipe found on-line, and seems to be well received. The beauty of this breakfast fruit side is you can change it up many ways, using different fruits that suit, as well as yogurts. I’ll present the latest version I laid down and pictured here in our Blair Pottery…..
Fruit and Yogurt Breakfast Salad
- 2 Greek Yogurts – small cups (I used Banana Creme in this case)
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Honey Crisp Apples – cored and cut into 1/2-inch cube
- 1 Asian Pear – cored and cut into 1/2-inch cube
- 1 cup Seedless Black Grapes
- 1 cup Blueberries
NOTE: Alternative fruits might include raisins, pineapple, sliced strawberries, red pears, even celery if a brunch item
- In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt, honey and lemon juice until blended, and put in refrigerator until adding fruit.
- Slice and cube fruit then add to yogurt mixture, tossing gently to coat all fruit. Back in fridge until ready to serve. For best results, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.