Blackberry Creek Retreat Bed and Breakfast has gained a reputation of a special place in the Missouri Ozarks, where special people come together, creating special projects, indulging in wonderful meals, in a reclusive, quiet location. Well, quiet until they arrive! Whether they come to Scrapbook, Sew, Knit, Needlepoint, Crosstitch, Quilt, celebrate a Girl's Weekend, or just read a book, first time Retreaters arrive curious to what to expect, and leave new friends and refreshed from their country escape. Our Retreaters have blessed us with many fond memories, relationships, stories, and an exhibition of their individual creative genius.
From our first Quilters Retreat Weekend in the beginning, Blackberry Creek Retreat B&B has developed a sense of the perfect retreat experience, deliver what we have learned, and this usually results in more often than not, our Retreaters closing the weekend by saying, "Get your calendar, we want to see what you have available.....". Many come two or three times a year.
Our five Guest Rooms allow a minimum requirement for a "Group Retreat" is (10) overnight Retreaters, double occupancy, but can accommodate a maximum (14) Retreaters by placing twin beds in four of those rooms. A very fulfilling breakfast and dinner are provided on changing vintage plating and service ware, making each meal a rewarding dining experience. Delicious after dinner desserts with access to our changing variety of Blue Bell Ice Cream selection, finish out each evening.
For more photos and information on past retreats visit our blog.
To request more information, check availability of your date, please contact us and we'll get in touch with you soon.Contact Us
A GREAT Value For Such Rewarding Getaway
Retreat Pricing (tax included)
Subject to Change without notice.
2 Night Weekend Retreat....................$200 p/p
3 Night Weekend Retreat ...................$250 p/p
4 Night Weekday Retreat....................$300 p/p
(Dinner on Retreater 1st night of 4-Night - eat dinner before coming or bring your dinner in)
- When a "Group" desires to reserve the complete facility for a Retreat, a minimum of (10) people is required. If less than Ten (10) retreaters arrive, the cost will be for the 10 minimum.
- We have (5) guest rooms - (2) Kings, (2) Queens and (1) with 3 Twin Beds, Double occupancy required. We can host a maximum of (15) Retreaters in beds (twins can be added to those rooms not having one).
- If a group chooses a 3 or 4-night retreat, and not all retreaters can do 3- nights, Blackberry Creek Retreat Bed & Breakfast will allow a split of 3 or 4- nighters and 2-nighters. We just need advance confirmation of how many arriving for each night.
If a group chooses a 3 or 4-night retreat, and not all retreaters can do 3- nights, Blackberry Creek Retreat Bed & Breakfast will allow a split of 3 or 4-nighters and 2-nighters. We just need advance confirmation of how many arriving for each night.
When approached by a group with less than the (10) minimum for complete facility booking, Blackberry Creek Retreat B&B will review the smaller group request, and if an agreed upon date can be made, Blackberry Creek Retreat B&B will block that retreat date, and attempt to fill the remaining slots with our own client list.
- In some cases, we may need to place a retreater in one of your rooms if overflow (greater than ten retreaters) is realized. The extra person will be assigned a twin bed.
- If the retreat date is not filled by Blackberry Creek Retreat B&B, the double occupancy requirement stands, and the open rooms will not be filled by non- retreaters unless a "special circumstance" arises.
- Some "Open Retreats" may be of mixed crafts i.e. knitters, scrapbookers, quilters, etc. In these cases, we will announce this up front.
- If a 3-night retreat is desired, and not all retreaters can do 3- nights, Blackberry Creek Retreat B&B will recruit allowing for either a 3- night and 2- night Retreat. We just need advance confirmation of which plan you want.
- Price includes lodging, two daily meals (breakfast & dinner), Snack/Drink Tables, taxes, work tables and chairs, our signature Welcome Blackberry Spritzer upon arrival, and plenty of Ozarks beauty and hospitality.
- Time - Retreaters can arrive at 3 pm first day, through noon last day. Organizers can arrive 2 hours earlier for setup of your group (i.e. room assignments, gift packages, table setup confirmation & approval, etc.). In cases where the Retreat does not have bookings on either end, additional time for Retreating is often allowed, i.e. Sunday departure mid-afternoon. Check with Innkeepers prior to arrival.
- A Deposit of $25 per Retreater or $250 per group required to hold your weekend. This deposit is non-refundable.
- Food Allergies and Restrictions – Blackberry Creek Retreat B&B must be contacted two weeks prior to the event with any Retreater's food allergies or restrictions. We do our best to accommodate these requests while providing the others with the same quality and fine food normally provided.
Alcohol – Blackberry Creek Retreat B&B can not sell alcohol. However, you are welcome to bring your own drinks, wine, beer, etc. We will provide wine glasses, and drink setups for meals.
BCR Retreat Prices 5.0Contact Us
(Costs included in Retreat price)
Amish Dinner in an Amish Family Home
Our Webster County is home to the largest community of Amish families in Missouri, an maybe one of the most conservative. So, it is a pleasure that we have become close friends with one Amish family, and they welcome our guests to their home for dinner and a visit. We exchange one night's dinner here at Blackberry Creek Retreat B&B and drive a short distance over to the Schwartz home.
Once there, they provide a meal reminiscent of what one retreater proclaimed "this is like eating at Grandma's house". Homemade noodles, buttermilk fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and the desserts, OH, THOSE DESSERTS. We can bring them back for devouring later....
After our bellies are full, we generally settled into Amish crafted rocking chairs in the living room and visit with the Schwartz family a bit, before returning to the Retreat with wonderful memories in our heads.
This offer is included in the Retreat price (BCR pays for this versus providing that meal at BCR) and is available only if ALL retreaters agree to partake. BCR will not make a meal this evening. We can bring a food package back for one or two desiring to not go if they'd like, BUT, we like to have a minimum of ten (10) of more go, and if less, we reserve the option to fill seats with others that have expressed a desire to join us.Contact Us
Blackberry Creek Retreat offers relaxing and therapeutic massages provided by a licensed and insured 3rd party Massage Therapist with 10 years experience. Whether you've had a stressful work week, or need those retreat kinks massaged away, this service provides a rejuvenating and relaxing session, vitalizing and renewing your body for the coming days.
The Therapeutic Touch will come to your Retreat, setup their massage table in one of our King Guest Rooms, drop the shades and lights, put on some soft music, and begin the process of massaging your cares away....Choose the amount of time needed for your particular needs.
Prerequisites & Costs
- Costs - 1 Hour @ $50 or 1/2 Hour @ $30. Credit Card, Check and Cash accepted.
- Advance Notice requested and service made available based on Therapist's schedule.
- Requires use of one of your King guestrooms for setup and service. We prefer not to do this in open areas.
- A minimum of 2 hours combined massages required. Maximum daily time is 4-5 hours day for a single Therapist . Longer times may involve two day schedule or use of a 2nd Massage Therapist in other King room.
- Payment to be made directly to The Therapeutic Touch. BCR B&B only provides scheduling and setup as an "Experience Service" to our guests.
- Innkeepers may schedule and partake if Retreaters have given them a hard time!!!!
A Look at Retreats Booked to Date
For reference, we like to publish for our retreaters and guests "Booked Retreats". While Retreats are not our only business, they do book many dates well in advance.
March 4-6 - FarmGirl Sisters (New Group) FULL - Various Crafters
March 11-13 - Top That Friends (New Group) - Can add one or two Scrapbookers & Quilters
March 30-April 3 - Scrap-Out-Loud (Old Friends) -FULL Scrapbookers
April 7-10 - Lunch Bunch (New Group) - FULL - Quilters & Sewers
April 13-17 - Sue's Cellar Dwellers (Old Friends) - FULL - Quilters
May 5-8 - International Sisterhood of Scrappers & Knitters (Old Friends) - FULL - Various Crafters & Knitters
May 12-15 - Sleepy Owl Crafters (Old Friends) - FULL - Various Crafters
June 22-26 - Blackberry Patchers (Old Friends) - FULL - Quilters
July 6-10 - Sue's Cellar Dwellers (Old Friends) - FULL - Quilters
July 14-17 - Sisters Reunion Group (Old Friends) - FULL - Various Crafters
July 26-29 - Stitched Together (Old Friends) - FULL - Quilters
August 25-28 - Nixi-Knobbers (Old Friends) - FULL - Various Crafters
Sept. 5-9 - Arkansas Quilters (New Group) - FULL - Quilters
Sept. 15-18 - Blackberry Patchers (Old Friends) - FULL - Quilters
Sept. 22-25- Scrapp'n Floozies (Old Friends) - FULL - Various Crafters - Their Annual Themed Retreat-
Sept. 28-Oct.2 - Sue's Cellar Dwellers (Old Friends) - FULL - Quilters
Oct. 27-31 - Greater Ozarks Sewing Sisters (Old Friends) - FULL - Quilters
Nov. 3-6 - Kansas City Gals (New Group) - FULL - Various Crafters
Nov. 10-13 - Craft Junkies (Old Friends) - FULL - Various Crafters
Dec. 8-11- Hotties with Hobbies (Old Friends) - FULL - Various Crafters
Dec. 16-18 - Family Christmas Retreat (Old Friends) - PRIVATE
December 29-January 1 - Nixi-Knobbers (Old Friends) - FULL - Various Crafters
January 19-22 - Knit WIts (Old Friends) - FULL - Knitters
February 23-26 - Craft Junkies (Old Friends) - FULL - Various Crafters
March 2-5 - FarmGirl Sisters (Old Friends) FULL - Various Crafters